"Thank you" to everyone that came out tonight for our final meeting of the year!
Such lovely quilts were shared. We love all the talent we have in this group.
Special "Thank you" to our very own member Phyllis Higley for showing us some of her fantastic work!!!
Plus Phyllis shared some of her techniques for making some of her quilts. Very inspirational and fun. She is not afraid to try something new.
More photos of her works can be found on our FB Page
Lots of fun showing and sharing.
Visitor Judy Crochett shared her improv piece. Love it!
Some sharing of holiday gift ideas to make.
Such fun! More photos on our FB Page
- JoAnn from Bernina talked about what's new in the store.
- Discussion of and amending new bylaws to set up our new guild, voted on and approved. Updates will be done soon and you can view under the tab at the top of the page under Guild Basics.
- Leaders were nominated and elected for the new official year as we join the National Modern Quilt Guild. President: Colleen James; Co-Vice Presidents: LInda Crump and Nancy Goff; Secretary: Kris Jarchow; Treasurer: Sheila Green; Co-Social Media Coordinators: Taura Horn and Jennifer VanDyke. Congrats to all on the new board. This should be a fun new year!
- Dues were collected which go into effect for the new year Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2016. You can still join our guild by printing and filling out the form for new members (top tab under Guild Basics) and mailing your payment to us. Contact: email@example.com for where to send. Dues are $35.00 for the year. Please post by November 14th.
- Charity Quilt blocks were collected. If you would like to make one or more you can use the tab at the top of the page for Outreach to see what we are doing. Blocks should be turned in my Nov 14th at the Sew Day @ IQSCM so construction can begin that day.
- This was our last meeting of the year, however, we have a November 14th Sew Day scheduled at the IQSCM. Please feel free to join us and sew any project or maybe make some holiday gifts.
- If you would like to make a name tag for the guild some printed LMQG logo fabric has been purchased and you are welcome to have one to sew up your name tag with. One style was shown my member Kris Jarchow below. General instructions for this name tag/wallet will be shared at the Sew day on Nov. 14th. Feel free to make yours how you wish.
- Holiday Gathering will be December 11th at The Yellow Barne. Link is in the top Right corner of our page. Stay tuned for more details.
- Sheila Green talked about a great opportunity with Habitat for Humanity for us to present our charity quilt to a family. Some information about the family: HERE This will be a great way to be part of our community.
- Sheila also shared with us about The National Quilting Day March 19,2016. Volunteers are needed to make the day a success at the IQSCM. Opportunity for us to share some of our 'improvisation' work. This would be another opportunity for us to reach out into the community. Contact Sheila for opportunities to volunteer and be a part of it.
- We had three visitors: Rhonda Eddy, Mary Jane Kermmoade, Judy Crochett
Other topics open for discussion:
-Having a gallery showing in Jan. at Bernina Sewing Studio
-Quilt challenge for the new year first quarter and any ideas?
-More sewing days @ IQSCM in the new year? ideas?
-IQSCM also has a community gallery that we can entertain having a approx. two week show in the coming year if there is interest.
Questions, comments or ideas can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you that are already members of the National Modern Quilt Guild note the deadline for submissions will be coming up in Nov. Get your quilts finished so you can enter!!!
Thank you all for coming out and spending the night with us.