From the February 27th Meeting
February Program: "Curves Ahead"
Special thanks to Jean Larson and the Chattanooga Modern Quilt Guild for sharing your educational exercise with us.
HERE is the link to the design exercise if you would like to print out your own copy.
Curves Ahead ChallengeThe challenge begins February 28th and is due at the May 30th meeting. It must be a quilt with three layers, using curved piecing or applique or both! Viewers choice will be awarded at the May meeting.
QuiltCon/Habitat for Humanity Quilt Raffle
Tickets are on sale for $5.00 each. Guild members can buy tickets to sell to friends and family. Contact Rhonda Eddy (quilt mom) for more information or email the guild.
National Quilting Day: March 18th at IQSCM
- The LMQG will demo/display Upcycling. This is a great way for the guild to contribute to the event which draws the highest volume of visitors to the museum for the year. It's a great way to get involved for even an hour or two and many spots are still open!
- To sign up to volunteer in the LMQG Upcycle Booth and or to volunteer in other areas of the museum, please contact June Pederson or Marsha Conley to volunteer.
March 28th Meeting: Peg Pennell
Entering a Quilt Contest: How to Enter and What are the Judges Looking For?
|Peg Pennell (center)|
April 8th: Dyeing Workshop with Mary Dittenber
Where: Bethany Park Shelter
Cost: $35 for members, $40 for non members
Sign Up: contact Deanna Larson
More details HERE
April 25th Meeting: Kristie Jarchow
Technology for Quilters
June 15 & 16th: LMQG Road Trip!
Road Trip to the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival.
Laura Simpson will handle sign up at monthly meetings
Sheila Green is the contact for hotel accomodations
More details HERE
At the IQSCM
From the Modern Quilt Guild
- March 4: Log Cabin: Infinite Variation Workshop with Luke Haynes
- March 10-11: Printmaking 101- Sheila Green $45 members, $55 non-members
- Please consider becoming an IQSCM member! You’ll save money on classes and merchandise!
Check the MQG's Resources page for the Quilt Pattern of the Month and Block of the Month as well as Creative Webinars.